Monday, May 3, 2010

Managing Polarities in Congregations

There's a new book out through the Alban Institute entitled, "Managing Polarities in Congregations: Eight Keys for Thriving Faith Communities" written by Roy Oswald and Barry Johnson. I'll tell you now that I haven't read the book yet, so I'm only basing my comments on what I've read ABOUT the book. While I'm not one who tends to set my world up with a somewhat oversimplified set of "either/or" or "both/and" extremes (as though there are only 2 options in life to every situation), I am intrigued by some of the advance press about this book. The authors identify some of the major "challenges" of leadership in congregations, and offer some creative pathways forward. I invite you to look over the info on the book at
http://www.alban.org/bookdetails.aspx?id=8488

Any thoughts on your own experiences dealing with some of these situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment